Picture this

Isa. 63:7-9, NLT
I will tell of the Lord’s unfailing love.
    I will praise the Lord for all he has done.
  I will rejoice in his great goodness to Israel,
    which he has granted according to his mercy and love.
He said, “They are my very own people.
    Surely they will not betray me again.”
    And he became their Savior.
In all their suffering he also suffered,
    and he personally rescued them.
  In his love and mercy he redeemed them.
    He lifted them up and carried them
    through all the years.


"He lifted them up and carried them through all the years."

Three pictures come to mind... Oh wish I was an artist! I tried to sketch them, but didn't do too well. I do better with words...

Picture 1 is hands--His hands, cupped hands, me in the center. He is carrying me, He has carried me safely through the ages. I don't know my posture there in the cup of His hand, but I'm down in the lowest part, the safest part. Maybe I'm hiding (likely!). Maybe I'm sleeping. I might be quite oblivious to all that has gone on, especially the goodness and significance of it.

Picture 2--those same hands, me inside, but now the front of the hands--the tip, where the fingers come together--is shaped something like the front of a boat. And I...am getting a little curious. I am crawling up the fingers, peeking up over the top, still a little fearful, hiding, protected behind those strong fingers, but starting to anticipate.

Picture 3--All fear is gone. I'm still IN those hands, still carried, but now I'm standing up there at the front--looking forward, smiling, enjoying, riding the waves of it all.  (Hey, maybe I'm actually surfing!)  Maybe my hands are raised...

Picture 1 is what I know now. Picture 2 what I am starting to become. Picture 3 is what I will be.


(rough sketches)






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails